Kirklees College in Yorkshire received £3.1m funding from the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership, and support from local businesses, to build a new training centre for skills and apprenticeships in process manufacturing.
Kirklees College: getting the best results from collaboration
How does this show what we're looking for?
- Employer collaboration was at the heart of it. A small group of businesses came together to talk about training needs in the industry and to develop a plan for the Centre
- The Centre was developed to fill a clear gap in specialist manufacturing training and facilities
What did they achieve?
The Kirklees College Process Manufacturing Centre:
- Provides a state of the art process manufacturing facility including chemistry laboratories and a learning resource centre
- Manages industry approved apprenticeships like laboratory technicians, supply chain management and warehousing
- Helped to secure a contract for the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink – to create two new apprenticeships which match Government’s new standards